Wednesday, September 10, 2008

art!

red.smoke
This is my first painting of the year! I am plannning on doing many MANY many more as I am finally looking into it more seriously. I've also been reading a great book called 'Oil Painting Secrets from a Master' by Linda Cateura whom my good friend Ben lent to me last summer (I'm gonna finish it soon i promise!). It's an amazing book, definitely worth checking out!

Anyways, I spent the day with my best friend Celina <3

destination - CHINATOWN! 
It's funny cause I've always hated that place. Mostly because of the smell and the dirtiness. But I think I'm starting to see the beauty in it all :)





The ultimate china-combo pose.
squat & fobby peace sign :p

Untitled.
This was a random piece I did after my Asia trip! I was completely inspired by the super fashionable girls in the Shibuya shopping district of Japan. Yes, I know...the girls don't look asian >.< 


6 comments:

Bobby Pontillas said...

Sweet painting, Very painterly while still being graphic and I like her expression!

Harjiwan Bhamra said...

Awesome Painting Christina. Man that's really good, is that out of your head. Did that book help you with this piece, bc this is really nice.

Anonymous said...

I know I keep randomly popping up on your art blog, but I really like your stuff! Gorgeous painting. :)

-- Erica

*tina said...

Hiii!

Bobby - Thankss a lot :)
Harsh - I used a bit of a ref...well different refs:) but the general concept was out of my head. I did this piece before I started reading the book but I'm sure it would have helped!
Erica - Thanks for visiting still..we should catch up sometime me u n cel!

enaifos said...

hello Tina,
The painting is amazin'...
i really like it, i hope you'll make a lot of them...
please, please..., pleaaaase !!!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Does everybody who's Asain draw extremely well?
GeezLouise...

High, girl!
While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2?
An extraordinarily, anti-establishment victory
with a sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most excellent detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House Upstairs.